With a little bit of arranging series you can show series as a Waterfall chart on a Category chart.
How to create a Waterfall chart?
- On Series list add series and same amount of '0' as series.
- Decide the order of the series on chart - when you want particular series to 'float', replace the '0' with a sum of series to create base, on which 'floating' series will stand. Each base is the sum of preceding series.
- Add Scalar analysis:
- In Input panel arrange pairs of series in order '0 - series - <replacement for 0> - series.'
- For Output series use 'Partition into: 2'.
- Add Category chart, select data set with 0's and turn its color into 0% opacity.
In this example we used transparent placeholder series to create waterfall effect.