Using Forecast analysis on multiple same series you can create a Fan chart from Time chart and show uncertainty associated with forecasts.
How to create a Fan chart?
- Add same series on Series list - as many times as you have predicted variants - plus one which will be the 'core' series.
- Change descriptions on Series list if needed.
- Add Forecast analysis, use 'Edit' to add forecast to each variant-series.
- If this is an Index (like in below example) you can add Rate of change analysis and create percentage series.
- Add Time chart, change colors or apply Style sheet.
Different scenarios for future inflation added in Forecast analysis.
We calculate the distribution with user-defined formula .prob() and present it with Fan chart. For more information see How formula with dot works? and User defined formulas.